Protecting your Privacy is our top most concern at Queen2Queeens, we’ve got your back when it comes to your style and fashion sense. Our customers are important to us, which means protecting our customers by keeping their personal data and information secure at all costs is a main priority. We know the world of data security can be tricky and tasking, but we want you to be fully aware of everything you need to know when it comes to your personal information and how it’s used. Consider this your guide to privacy related issues.
Personal information you provide to us.
Personal information you may provide to us through the Service or otherwise includes:
- Contact information, personal or business contact information such as your first and last name, email and mailing addresses, phone number, professional title and company name.
- Registration information, such as information that you provide to register for an account or sign up for an event, including the day and month of your birth and the event you registered for.
- Data about others for whom you purchase an item or gift, such as name, delivery address and phone number. Please do not purchase a gift for someone or share their contact information with us unless you have their permission to do so.
- Profile information, such as your username and password that you may set to establish an online account with us and your interests and preferences.
- Communications, such as information you provide when you contact us with questions, feedback, survey responses, or otherwise correspond with us
Data from other sources.
We may also collect information about you from:
- Business partners, such as advertising and joint marketing partners.
- Data providers, such as information services and data licensors.
- Public sources, such as blogs, forums or social media platforms.
We may use your personal information to:
- Provide, operate and improve the Service, such as to enable you to make purchases of clothing and accessories that we have listed on the Sites;
- Establish and maintain your account on the Service;
- Communicate with you about the Service, including by sending you announcements, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Provide customer support and maintenance for the Service;
- facilitate your login to the Sites via third party platforms, such as Google and Facebook; and
- Enable security features of the Sites, such as by sending you security codes via email or SMS, and remembering devices from which you have previously logged in.